Remove all jewelry such as rings, dog tags,
bracelets, etc. If jewelry or tools contact
positive electrical circuits, a direct short
may result. Damage to equipment, injury, or
death to personnel may occur.
(1) Disconnect 24 vdc (12 terminal) cable
from connector MC15.
(2) Set multimeter select switch to volts
(3) Connect positive (+) multimeter lead
to pin E on trailer end connector.
(4) Connect negative (--) multimeter lead
to pin D on trailer end connector.
(5) While assistant turns ON ENGINE
switch and turns on LIGHT switch,
(a) If 22 to 28 vdc are not present,
perform Steps (6) and (7) below
and repair 24 vdc cable
(Para 4-31) or replace 24 vdc cable
(b) If 22 to 28 vdc are present, 24 vdc
cable is OK.
(6) Turn off LIGHT switch.
(7) Turn OFF ENGINE switch.
(8) Connect 24 vdc cable to connector