Remove all jewelry such as rings, dog tags, bracelets, etc. If jewelry or tools contact positive electrical circuits,
a direct short may result. Damage to equipment, injury, or death to personnel may occur.
(1) Set multimeter select switch to
(2) Connect positive (+) multimeter lead
to center contact of socket.
(3) Connect negative (- ) multimeter lead
to a known good ground.
(4) While assistant turns ON ENGINE
switch and turns on lights, observe
multimeter (TM 9-2320-364-10).
(a) If there are not 10 to 14 vdc
present, perform Steps (5) and (6)
below and go to Step (5) of this
(b) If there are 10 to 14 vdc present,
perform Steps (5) and (6) below
and go to Step (3) of this Fault.
(5) Turn off lights.
(6) Turn OFF ENGINE switch.
(1) Set multimeter select switch to ohms.
(2) Is continuity measured between
ground side of marker light socket
and a known good ground?
(a) If there is no continuity, replace
front marker light (Para 4-27).
(b) If there is continuity, front marker
light is OK.