Remove all jewelry such as rings, dog tags, bracelets, etc. If jewelry or tools contact positive electrical
circuits, a direct short may result. Damage to equipment, injury, or death to personnel may occur.
(1) Set multimeter select switch to
(2) If LED composite light is installed,
disconnect wire 1088/21-29.
(3) Connect positive (+) multimeter lead
to wire 1008/21-29 connector.
(4) Connect negative (- ) multimeter lead
to a known good ground.
(5) While assistant turns ON ENGINE
switch and turns on lights, observe
multimeter (TM 9-2320-364-10).
(a) If 10 to 14 vdc is not present,
perform Steps (6) and (7) below,
and repair wire 1008/21-29 (see
schematic, Fig FO-1) or replace
side composite light harness
(b) If 10 to 14 vdc is present and
composite lights are installed, wire
1008/21-29 is OK.
(c) If 10 to 14 vdc is present and
LED composite lights are installed,
replace LED composite lights
(6) Turn off lights.
(7) Turn OFF ENGINE switch.
(8) Connect wire 1008/21-29 connector.