Remove all jewelry such as rings, dog tags, bracelets, etc. If jewelry or tools contact positive electrical
circuits, a direct short may result. Damage to equipment, injury or death to personnel may occur.
(1) Remove four locknuts and rear
junction box assembly guard. Discard
(2) Loosen four captive screws and
remove rear junction box assembly
(3) Connect positive (+) multimeter lead
to rear junction box cover assembly
(4) Connect negative (- ) multimeter lead
to a known good ground.
(5) While assistant turns ON ENGINE
switch and turns on lights, observe
multimeter (TM 9-2320-364-10)
(a) If 10 to 14 vdc are not present,
perform Steps (6) and (7) below,
and repair wire 1012B-22 (see
schematic, Fig FO-1) or replace
wire harness (Para 4-30).
(b) If 10 to 14 vdc are present, wire
1012B-22 is OK.
(6) Turn off lights.
(7) Turn OFF ENGINE switch.
(8) Install rear junction box cover and
tighten four captive screws.
(9) Install rear junction box guard and