Remove all jewelry such as rings, dog tags, bracelets, etc. If jewelry or tools contact positive electrical circuits,
a direct short may result. Damage to equipment, injury, or death to personnel may occur.
(1) Disconnect 12 vdc (7 pin) cable from
(2) Set multimeter select switch to
(3) Connect positive (+) multimeter lead
to pin C on trailer end connector.
(4) Connect negative (- ) multimeter lead
to pin A on trailer end of connector.
(5) While assistant turns ON ENGINE
switch and fully applies brake pedal
(a) If 10 to 14 vdc are not present,
perform Steps (6) and (7) below,
and repair (Para 4-31 or replace 12
vdc cable (Para 2-9).
(b) If 10 to 14 vdc are present, 12 vdc
cable is OK.
(6) Release brake pedal.
(7) Turn OFF ENGINE switch.
(8) Connect 12 vdc cable to connector