Remove all jewelry such as rings, dog tags, bracelets, etc. If jewelry or tools contact positive electrical circuits,
a direct short may result. Damage to equipment, injury, or death to personnel may occur.
(1) Disconnect diode assembly from
diode assembly connector.
(2) Connect positive (+) multimeter lead
to diode assembly connector, terminal 2.
(3) Connect negative (- ) multimeter lead to
a known good ground.
(4) While assistant fully applies brake pedal,
(a) If 10 to 14 vdc are not present,
release brake pedal and repair
wire 1003-5 (see schematic,
Fig FO-3) or replace trailer main
wire harness (Para 4-30.1).
(b) If 10 to 14 vdc are present,
wire 1003-5 is OK.
(5) Release brake pedal.
(6) Connect diode assembly to diode