If air lines are disconnected while under 90 to 125 psi (621-862 kPa), they can whip around and cause
injury or death to personnel. Air system should be drained and air bag control valve set in center position
before air bag air lines are disconnected.
(1) Move air bag control lever in the
down position (Para 2-9).
(2) Remove safety valve and T-fitting from
air bag (Para 4-48).
(3) Connect 0 to 160 psi (1103 kPa)
pressure gage to T-fitting.
(4) Connect air line 2224 to adapter on
(5) While assistant raises air bag control
lever up, observe pressure gage.
(a) If safety valve releases at less
than 53-56 psi (365-386 kPa) or
95-100 psi (655-689 kPa) if
equipped with drawbar extension,
perform Steps (6) through (8)
below and adjust safety valve
(b) If safety valve releases at 53-56
psi (365-386 kPa) or 95-100 psi
(655-689 kPa) if equipped with
drawbar extension, safety valve
(6) Lower air bag control lever.
(7) Remove pressure gage from T-fitting.
(8) Remove air line 2224 from adapter on
(9) Install safety valve and T-fitting
on air bag.
(1) Raise air bag control lever to up
position and observe drawbar
operation (Para 2-9).
(a) If drawbar does not raise or
remain raised, fault not corrected.
Lower air bag control lever to
down position and notify
(b) If drawbar raises and remains
raised, fault corrected.
(2) Lower air bag control lever to